Monday, May 2, 2011

The Journey Begins

This is my blog description, as well. I typed it out, as I wanted to explain the purpose of this whole damn thing. It was too long, so I thought I'd make it my first post.

I am a freelance artist. I have a fair amount of work under my belt, including a feature film of my own, several short films, and a pile of commercial work, advertisements, and other video credits to keep me clothed and fed (sort of). I am college educated in my field. I also am a fairly young man, and will consider most any job that pays decently, or even a bit less than that. I send out a lot of resumes and cover letters. I mean a LOT. Most are for gigs rather than steady positions, single-day shoots or short video jobs to keep my rent paid, Taco Bell in my stomach, and myself active on the camera. I started this blog to share some of the sillier responses I get to my resume, the crazier clients I meet, and the more absurd offers and expectations placed on a freelance videographer. Trust me, I tried ClientsFromHell, and some of this stuff just can't be reasoned out or rationalized. I'm doing it as much for myself as I am for others, to remember the insane stories and put into record the in-between; the place between professional business and amateur cameraman. I'll also be featuring stories on my friends, other freelance videographers, editors, graphic designers, web developers, etc. I hope you enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment